Prophetic Round Table
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prophetic Round Table

Share your revelations, scriptures and biblical in site with others.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pauls affliction 2 Corinthians 12:7

Go down 
AuthorMessage
manofgod

Pauls affliction   2 Corinthians 12:7 Empty
PostSubject: Pauls affliction 2 Corinthians 12:7   Pauls affliction   2 Corinthians 12:7 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 2:22 pm

2 Corinthians 12:7 - “And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.” It is commonly believed that Pauls thorn in the flesh was a sickness. Yet when we dig into the word a little we find that it is not a sickness but a devil trying to wear Paul down. The term “thorn” is also refered to in the old testiment as enemies of Israel.
Numbers 33:55 says, “But if ye will not drive out the inhabitants of the land from before you; then it shall come to pass, that those which ye let remain of them shall be pricks in your eyes, and thorns in your sides, and shall vex you in the land wherein ye dwell.”
Joshua 23 13 says, “ Know for a certainty that the Lord your God will no more drive out any of these nations from before you; but they shall be snares and traps unto you, and scourges in your sides, and thorns in your eyes, until ye perish from off this good land which the Lord your God hath given you.”
Judges 2:3 says, “Wherefore I also said, I will not drive them out from before you; but they shall be as thorns in your sides, and their gods shall be a snare unto you.”
Paul refers the thorn in the flesh as a messenger of satan, not a sickness. The Greek word is here is “Angelos” which means a messenger, it has a personality. The messenger is not from God is clear when the scripture says, “a messenger of satan”.
Also if being buffeted with a sickness, Paul would be sick, then not sick, sick then not sick. To buffet means to hit or beat, repeatedly. To hit with repeated blows. So what where the buffetings that Paul faced? “… I have worked much harder, been in prison more frequently, been flogged more severely, and been exposed to death again and again. Five times I received from the Jews the forty lashes minus one. Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was stoned, three times I was shipwrecked, I spent a night and a day in the open sea, I have been constantly on the move. I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from my own countrymen, in danger from Gentiles; in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and in danger from false brothers. I have labored and toiled and have often gone without sleep; I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without food; I have been cold and naked.” 2 Cor. 11:23-27
So we see here that it was being beaten, whipped, without sleep, hungry and thirsty, that was his buffetings (persecution) and not sickness. Sickness is not even mentioned here. When Paul asked God to remove his thorn. 2 Cor. 12:8 God told Paul that His strength was made perfect in weakness, not sickness. Some say Paul’s sickness was his eyes. This cannot be because God healed Paul’s eyes in Acts 9:17,18 “Then Ananias went to the house and entered it. Placing his hands on Saul, he said, “Brother Saul, the Lord—Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you were coming here—has sent me so that you may see again and be filled with the Holy Spirit.” Immediately, something like scales fell from Saul’s eyes, and he could see again. He got up and was baptized, and after taking some food, he regained his strength.” In this verse it very clearly says that God healed Paul, and we know that all of God’s gifts and callings are without repentance. “for God's gifts and his call are irrevocable.” Romans 11:29
Many that have been in healing services, seeing other people healed begin to build expectancy (faith) to be healed themselves. Now what kind of faith do you think would be generated by Paul if he was walking around with ugly puss using out of his eyes telling people that God wanted them well?
Back to top Go down

Pauls affliction 2 Corinthians 12:7
Page 1 of 1