Prophetic Round Table
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prophetic Round Table

Share your revelations, scriptures and biblical in site with others.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ladies, Does How You Dress Cause Men to Lust?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
manofgod

Ladies, Does How You Dress Cause Men to Lust? Empty
PostSubject: Ladies, Does How You Dress Cause Men to Lust?   Ladies, Does How You Dress Cause Men to Lust? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 2:13 pm

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Ladies, Does How You Dress Cause Men to Lust? Empty
PostSubject: Modesty   Ladies, Does How You Dress Cause Men to Lust? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 4:55 pm

How it must break God’s heart, to see so many professed Christians that are so immodest in their dress. We have women that come to church nowadays that look just like hookers. They think it’s stylish to wear skimpy mini skirts. When women dress so that men will notice their legs, they cause men to lust. So by wanting to be wanted, you are sending those that you claim to care for, to hell. You are playing pied piper for the devil. At the judgment you will look behind you to see all those that you have led to damnation, because you loved the attention they gave you.
“In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with braided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.” 1 Tim. 2:9,10
Modest - Means having a regard for decencies of behavior or dress, quiet and humble in appearance. Not displaying one’s body; not boastful or vain; virtuous.

“In the summer time especially, we have our biggest opportunity to test our consecration to Jesus. Sheer blouses, halter-tops, “short” shorts, and skimpy bathing - suits are the norm for many careless Christian women. They use the rationalization that “it’s hot” or “I’m swimming” to excuse their lack of modesty. Clothes that fit too tightly, tops that are cut too low, and skirts that are cut too short are not only a distraction to those around us but the wearers show an unloving lack of concern for their responsibility as a representative of Jesus.”
(Melody Green Sievright)
There are many men that also play Christian. You justify your lust, by saying; “a woman’s body is beautiful” or “it’s art”. You see nothing wrong with reading a Sports Illustrated bathing suit edition, or having a women’s bikini calendar. Jesus said that if you look at a woman to lust after her beauty, you have committed adultery with her in your heart. So according to Jesus, you are not an admirer of art, you are an adulterer. Many of you wives are not watching out for your husbands that you claim to love. Many of you would never think of having a woman over to your house sitting on your coffee table in her see through nighty. Yet you don’t think twice about placing some woman’s magazine or catalog in plane view on the coffee table for your husband or worse (your children) to see. You are supposed to protect him, not tempt him. People today are so desensitized by the media they no longer have anymore convictions left. Every generation wants more and more liberty. When will it end?
“At the end of the last century, if people went to the beach, they were practically covered from head to toe. Little by little, more skin was revealed until today almost anything goes. So what do beach loving believers do now? They go to the same “skin-infested” waters surrounded by half naked bodies (actually, half naked wouldn’t be so bad!), but they wear “modest” bathing suits (some even try to justify “modest” bikinis), Modest!? Compared to what? To a modern day version of a couple of fig leaves? How dare we expose ourselves so freely! But, no! We’re being conservative by the standards of the world. And what will we do if our country legalizes nude bathing? Will we still frequent these beaches? Will we try to develop a modestly nude look? God help us to see.” (Michael L. Brown, How Saved Are We?)
“I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.” Rom. 12:1
“...I can remember thinking, “well, it’s not my fault if they can’t keep their eyes off me and on the Lord. They just aren’t spiritual enough. Why should I have to change just because they are weak?” But the Lord showed me that it was my fault. I was responsible for causing my brother to stumble and it had to change. Once I really saw the damage my selfishness was doing to others and to the Lord, I was really ashamed of myself and embarrassed that I had been representing Jesus in such an unbecoming way.” (Melody G. Sievright)
“Then said he unto the disciples, It is impossible but that offenses will come: but woe unto him, through whom they come! It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.” Luke 17:1,2
“But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.” Eph. 5:3,4
“For the moment, chew on this: If the typical swimwear at our beaches is not sinful and seductive, then why wouldn’t it be appropriate for a Christian sister to get up in front of the congregation in a slinky bathing suit and lead us in worship? God’s counsel to those who go to beaches and pools and find themselves filled with lust is simple: Flee for your life!” (Michael L. Brown - Go and Sin No More)
Listen up lust will still send a man or a woman to hell, the scriptures are clear.
Matthew 5:28; Titus 2:12; Romans 6:23; James 1:14, 15; 1 Peter 2:11
Women ask yourselves this question. Do you wear those short skirts, tight jeans and low cut blouses to be noticed by men? If you dress to be seductive to men, realize you are causing them to lust. You are sending them to hell. How can you claim to belong to heaven, when you are working for hell?
Paul warns us to flee sexual immorality. 1 Cor. 6:18
Back to top Go down
https://victoryhouseny.forumotion.com

Ladies, Does How You Dress Cause Men to Lust?
Page 1 of 1