Prophetic Round Table
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prophetic Round Table

Share your revelations, scriptures and biblical in site with others.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Job’s affliction

Go down 
AuthorMessage
manofgod

Job’s affliction  Empty
PostSubject: Job’s affliction    Job’s affliction  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 2:21 pm

I have heard many people say that they are like Job. That God is making them sick to teach or show them something. This is wrong, because when we read the book of Job we realize that it is not God at all that is attacking Job but satan. Job lived in a constant state of fear for his family. We know this because he says,
” “For the thing which I feared greatly is come upon me and that which I was afraid of is come upon me.” Job. 3:25 He was in constant fear that his children would sin against God. Job did not have the promises that we have in this covenant, nor did he have the revelation of the Word as we do today. Fear is the opposite of faith. Faith moves God, fear moves the devil. Demons feed of from fear. When God said to satan, "Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil." Job 1:8 It was not that God was letting satan have Job. Job already had an opening through fear. The word for “considered” can also be taken to mean “have you fixed your eyes on”, so in essence God could be saying “have you spotted my servant Job? Remember satan had just come before God after going to and fro in the earth and walking up and down in it. Job. 1:7 When God mentioned Job, satan answered as though he had already knew everything about him. So it was not like satan had not seen him and then God points him out. It would make more sense that satan was pointing out to God that he saw Job and was going to go after him. God is a loving God, he would never give his children over to the devil just to see how they act. It was satan not God who smote Job with sore boils. We know that because of Jesus we have power over satan now. “Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.” Luke 10:19 So we have to remember some facts about Job. Number one he did not have a mediator as we do. Two, he did not have revelation of the word. Three he was under an old covenant, and he was very ignorant about his rights in that. Not to mention we live under a new covenant. We have also been given power through the Holy Ghost, Job did not have that. Also before we move on, remember that Job even admitted that he spoke foolishly of the things he did not understand. “Then Job answered the LORD, and said, I know that thou canst do every thing, and that no thought can be withholden from thee. Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge? therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not. Hear, I beseech thee, and I will speak: I will demand of thee, and declare thou unto me. I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee. Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.” Job 42:1-6
Back to top Go down

Job’s affliction
Page 1 of 1